Employment Opportunities in Cumberland County: February 2021
With the new year comes new opportunities and as our economy is still recovering from the Coronavirus shutdown, we are happy to report that Cumberland County’s unemployment rate has dropped 7.5% since peaking in May 2020. As operations pick back up, so does the need for personnel. Our existing industry understands that we have a highly skilled workforce with a can-do attitude with assistance from our local educational resources and strong ties to Fort Bragg. Below are some of our industry’s quality jobs still available in Fayetteville and Cumberland County. To apply, please click on their respective links below.
Global filtration manufacturer Mann+Hummel focuses on creating innovative technology to improve air quality, contamination control, and water treatments. With locations around the world, the company’s Fayetteville, North Carolina branch has 60 open positions. Visit their website here.
- Operators (50)
- Skill Mechanics (10)
To apply, visit their drive-through career fair on Feb. 16 from 9 a.m. – Noon and 1 – 4 p.m. at 3200 Natal St., Fayetteville, NC 28306.
Providing expert bulk transportation services in the South and Southeast region, Taylor Express prides itself in high-quality customer service and specialized freight operations. Their drivers are given receive performance and safety bonuses along with annual pay increases, and they accommodate to a healthy work-life balance.
- Drivers (20)
To apply, click here.
Note: For those who are interested in earning their Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), Fayetteville Technical Community College hosts a 10-week CDL program. Learn more here.
Fay Block Material
Fay Block is a family-owned business that offers masonry supplies to contractors and homeowners in the Fayetteville and Cumberland County region. Visit their website here.
- Flatbed Driver
- Flatbed Driver is responsible for operating equipment in a safe and productive manner in all weather conditions and in accordance with all regulations and company standard work, while being courteous to all customers and salespeople. The Flatbed Driver is also responsible for inspecting and maintaining the equipment in compliance with all regulatory requirements and company policies.
- Concrete Mixer Driver/Operator
- Delivery of ready-mixed concrete and other associated products to construction sites within reasonable proximity due to the perish ability of ready-mixed concrete. The daily work schedule may consist of five, up to 12-hour days, with overtime on both a voluntary or mandatory basis for workweek as well as on Saturdays, depending upon business level requirements.
To apply, click the links above.
Service Source provides vocational training, habilitation, housing, and other support services to adults with disabilities. Visit their website here.
- Food Service Worker
- The Food Service Worker is expected to replace glassware, dishes, and silverware and refill condiment containers, as well as wiping and washing tables, countertops, walls and windows. Other responsibilities include maintaining a clean work area and equipment, along with removing garbage and mopping floors. The Food Service Worker will also use chemical solutions and operate electric dish washing machines and/or wash glassware, pots and pans and kitchen utensils by hand.
- Grounds Laborer
- The Grounds Laborer is expected to operate weed eaters, edgers, blowers, push mowers, or riding mowers as assigned, as well as perform general grounds maintenance tasks. Other responsibilities include ensuring equipment is used only for approved work and proper maintenance of assigned equipment. The Grounds Laborer should also immediately notify the crew leader and/or supervisor of any safety issues.
Systel has a wide range of products including from printers, IT services, video conferencing, and data security. They have become a leader in innovative business equipment and have two open positions in their Fayetteville location. Visit their website here.
- Service Contract Assistant
- Administer order processing, contact monitoring, prepare reports, billing, data entry, knowledge of Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and customer service skills.
- Accounting Clerk
- Process customer payments, daily distribution of company mail, billing, data entry, scan documents, and knowledge of Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Outlook)
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.